I Slept with my Bias Last Night and All I Got is This♡

10/22/2013

“And kids, this is the story of how I met your father...”

Nah, I won’t use any How I Met Your Mother references with this blog post. ((or I might))

It was the year of 2009 when K-Pop caught my attention. I was only first year high school back then. Young and oblivious to what will happen to me once I stepped into the world of K-Pop.

PHASE 1: Haengbok


And so this is where the craziness magic starts....


One of my schoolmate who was a K-Pop fan brought her SNSD Genie album. And I was like, "Dayuum, just Koreans." When I watched their music video which is Genie as well, my first thought was "Who's who? They all look the same to me." But there was something more with that sexy legs dance step and army or sailor outfits. I was pretty sure that there was more. I needed more. I wanted more. 

I let the curious cat out of me and and followed the White Rabbit and fell down the rabbit hole. And I found myself in Wonderland K-Pop Land. It was filled with amajing voices, jaw dropping dance machines, boys who look like girls, and sometimes I don't understand who are these K-Pop idols anymore ((bc they're being too crazy)).

I listened to some songs, watched videos, saved some pictures. And like drugs, it can't get out of my system anymore. 

At first of course, I wasn't in to it that much but maybe let's wait up to the second or third phase of this. I enjoyed K-Pop. It didn't matter if I didn't understood it. That's what subtitles are for anyway. But it was awesome. I enjoyed it. I was happy. It made me look on a much more positive outlook in life. How? They made me happy. That's a one good reason to be contented.


PHASE 2: The Super Girl

You may also call this phase, the "crazy-fangirl-i-love-you-oppa-marry-me-dont-touch-oppa-you-b*tch" phase. Sasaeng? Hmm kinda, but not that much.

Admit it, everyone went in this phase. This is the part we can't stop buying the drug even it's bad for us ((for our wallet, most especially). I was buying every album, buying merchandises, attending album launch events, attending K-Pop events, dedicating an entire blog for my bias, changing my relationship status to married-with-bias, making and liking thousand of fan pages, making friends with co-fans, finding your Korean name, collecting anything Korean-related, "Uy may Koreano, ang pogi" moments, signing up in all forums and much much more. It's the thing that makes us crazy but, it's also keeping us sane.

Okay, okay, I just want to share one of the craziest K-Pop events in my life, The K-Pop Convention 2!!!!!!!!!! Yaaaaaaay!!!!! My first K-pop event ever. I was in second year high school that time, and broke high school student problem came but!!!!!!!! I was very happy my mom let me go and she even gave me money to spend!!!! It was her Christmas gift to me anyway!

 YAAAAAAAY! I swear this is fun even though I was alone. I met some friends anyway! K-Pop; connecting you to people and friends! Just like Globe! Speaking of Globe, I love Globe because it's always the major sponsor of K-Pop events. Thank you Globe. I never got the chance to thank you.








Super Show feels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ((Wow this is a major throwback huh))


Merch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I kinda gave away 50% of those merch to my friends since it was Christmas and it was the season of giving. But I love my friends so much because I influenced them so much to K-Pop and also, their my spazz-mates! I influenced them so much they made their own cover group!
They're really good!!!!


And speaking of merch.............

♪♪"Just give me a reason. Just a little bit's enough. Just a second I'M NOT BROKE JUST BENT. And we can learn to love again." ♪♪

This costed me not to each lunch, walk my way home, save save money and save money. Well, K-Pop thought me a good diet plan and thought me to save money!! I should spend my own money to worthy things! But oh well, some of my merch are no where to be found because of the flood that went inside our house. We have to move our things then, some of my merchs were moved to Narnia.

PHASE 3: Miracle


Done with the get-to-know-part, the crazy part, and this is the more serious part but still with craziness in tack.

You learned how to read Korean. You learned how to speak Korean. You socialize more often. You learned how to be witty and funny. You learned how to write fan fictions and explored the inner William Shakespeare in you. You learned how to edit/draw/use Photoshop and used the Vincent Van Gogh side of you. You became a better person. Right?

Maybe the third phase is the phase we don't realize that much. But everything boils down here. It answers the question, "How being a fangirl change you as a person?". It made everyone of us a better person. Being a fangirl didn't changed me or everyone of us, it became a part of us. Maybe if I never became a fangirl, I honestly don't know what to do with my life. I'm always close to giving up but, I didn't. Maybe because fangirling thought me never give up. I mean just look at those idols making you smile, they trained so hard and sacrificed a lot to make there. Woah there, tiger, you can do it.

Now being a fangirl changed me so much. I took Communication Arts in college, maybe someday, somehow, I can work with these awesome idols. They gave me a goal in life. Thank you so much! Maybe if I wasn't a fangirl, I'm a clock with no hands, a cellphone without a battery, a TV with no antenna, a bird with no wings, or in short I will not function. And maybe, without K-Pop, my ties with my friends won't be this close ^v^)


This post maybe a little too long or a little too boring but, this isn't even the whole story. It's not even half way of everything I want to tell. Maybe, one day I'll tell my kids what really happened. What I actually got that night I slept in the K-Pop dream land.


Oh yeah, by the way I slept with my bias last night. Or maybe I actually slept with the whole group, who knows? Who knows what really happened on that fated day of October 24? Did it actually happened? Did someone made it happened to me? Who knows? With this pervy fangirl mind, it'll take you some place you'll never imagine.



[I don't own the GIFs used in this post. Credits to the owners!  (^▽^) ]
And once again, the thing that makes me crazy is the same thing that keeps me sane! Fangirling! Unlimited fangirling all day, all night with these awesome genies: pkci.org and bit.ly/GoUNLI30!! Tell them your wish! (^_-)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images