The Top 10 Indie OPM Songs You Should Hear!

2/06/2015

Of course, this is based on my personal choice, but I'm more than willing to share to everyone my music taste. A lot of people would think that OPM is a dying industry. It's all about the looks or who has the biggest fan base to sell a record. No sugar coating, but yes, like one of those acclaimed teen queens of this generation whose entire album was sung in off tune. I can't emphasize anymore how monotonous her voice is. But hey, for the past weeks I've been listening to nothing but OPM. You'll be surprised how great is the local indie scene. It's like one of those drugs you can't get enough off and here are some of my favorite drugs:

1. In Darkness by TheSunManager



I love this song so much. I fell in love the first time I heard it. The song is smooth and relaxing yet powerful. Whenever I'm commuting and just trying to relax after a long day, I always listen to this song. April Hernandez aka TheSunManager is truly a talented musician! This is one of the best indie folk songs I've heard in my entire life.

2. I Wouldn't Mind by Ourselves The Elves



Ah this song.. this song makes me feel that it's okay to fall in love. It makes me feel that I wanna slow dance with someone while holding a beer in my  one hand and other one is in that someone's heart. It's sweet and beautiful, just like love.

3. Pretty Car by B.P. Valenzuela



This is B.P.'s new single from her new EP The Neon Hour! To be honest, I didn't instantly fell in love with her music, but it was totally something new. It was something fresh. It was something I don't usually listen to. But as I listen more to her songs, I was feeling it. I'm not a big fan of electropop songs, but because of B.P.'s music, I've been craving for more songs like this!

4. Dying To Meet You by She's Only Sixteen



I think this band is no stranger to some, right? They've been making some noise in the local music scene from various gigs to another gig. What I like about their music is that it's something new. Yes, I always like listening to something new as long as it's good music that's why I instantly fell in love with this song and with this band. You know, they have that British indie rock band vibe.

5. Number One Fan by Ashley's Kryptonite



I'm always a big fan of rock, hardcore, pop punk bands. I'm always a sucker for good OPM bands and while searching for nice bands to listen to, I've discovered this one. This song is an easy favorite with those sick beats and kind of happy light-hearted sound. (I'm not really good at describing music but you know, it's the kind of happy rock songs with nice beats and brokenhearted lyrics.)

6. Nakauwi Na by Ang Bandang Shirley



There are million or even billion of words available in every language in the world but they won't suffice how much I love this band. If there's a band that I want to sing my life's soundtrack, it would be them. I really regret that I just discovered their music lately. Their songs feel like home, especially this song. It's my feel good song. The song I wanna listen while I'm commuting and remember how much I yearn to be back home where everyone's no stranger to each other We need more bands like them; bands with soulful, melancholic and beautiful lyrics crafted with good beats and tune.

7. Dayami by Purple Chickens




I have nothing else to say. This song gave me goosebumps. The song with a heart in it. The song itself feels like poetry running through your ears. I just love the entirety of this song. Amazing.

8. Headfoam by Cheats



It's one of those bands I love to listen. This song is another laid back song I wanna head bang to and dance to while drinking. Listen to their other songs like Newspaper Girl, another favorite.

9. Mistakes by Ivan Theory



As I said, I'm a sucker for something new or something different and it's one of those songs. I love how it's different from the other songs I've listened to. Wanna figure out why? Listen to it!

10. NASA, I Have a Problem by Halik ni Gringo



Ah yes, another easy favorite. An indie rock song about heart break, love and outer space. How would that ever go wrong? Basically, I love how creative the song is and as always, those sick beats and pretty lyrics.

PS!! I'm not entirely sure if all of these artists are actually indie or signed to a major label but hey, you get my point right? They're the amazing musicians who needs more attention and recognition than artists who have nothing more than a pretty face and a big fan base full of teenagers. We need more music like these!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Nice list... yung ibang banda naririnig na din sa mga radio and meron na din silang mga music video! More power to your website and more power to OPM Songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maam, try mo po milesexperience and SUD :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maam where can i follow you? Nice blog! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooah this is new to my ears since indie music is still not that known. Nice playlist sir.

    I have a blog about my the top 3 successful bands which made a mark in the rock society I would appreciate if you would
    refer and check this blog: CLICK HERE

    ReplyDelete

  5. Is this true? bugoy nabuntis si Ej Laure

    Im not sure if this is true about Bianca Umali Scandal

    Lots of fake news nowadays...haissst

    I know this one is true about the new parody of micheal V named Gayahin mo Sila

    stephen hawking death

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Flickr Images